Thursday, July 8, 2010

BalsaSalsa

I previously mentioned a 9'6 chambered balsa wood d.Bowls...


here it is :)


9'6" x 23 x 3 1/8" and weighs in around 35 lbs...outrageous glide potential is held within.



Unchambered (I do the chambering after it's rough shaped) balsa blanks resemble...well...a big block of wood, about 1/4" of rocker nose and tail, and a dead flat deck.  Meaning that fully hand-shaped balsa boards from unchambered blanks are truly special and to me, works of art.  I'm proud to have finished my first...


it IS up for grabs, if you were wondering.



and it got the same stamp that I always put in my boards, but this time hammered in, instead of pushed by thumb.......ha!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful ryan. i want one of those spoons!!!

Brandon said...

woody for days

Mr. Black said...

NICE!!!